RECON*: Framing a New Public Discourse.
Incarnate Word Foundation and its community partners will host opportunities to come together, learning and engaging in respectful discourse on race, religion, response to violence, evolving social structures, responsible use of social media, and other topics which have historically divided our community, wielding power to block present and future creative response.
Events and activities are planned to encourage and prepare participants to:
- Recognize and own our fractured ability to share openly and respectfully disagree
- Clarify, strengthen, and learn to articulate personal value choices based on sound information
- Create Sacred Spaces for healing
- Learn what other groups are doing, thus creating synergies and sharing resources
- Identify and invite young leaders to adopt a reconciling spirit in shaping the future of the St. Louis area